TEACHING AND LECTURE SCHEDULE FOR 2014
- July 11-12, 2014 ~ Green Bay, Wisconsin
NorthWest Techincal College Artisan and Business Center is hosting Karen for two days of workshops in the
Artisan Center Textiles Studio! Early bird Registration available now.
For more information on this upcoming event please contact the NWTC Artisan Center: Phone: 920.544.5018 /
Email: Artisan.Center@nwtc.edu / Address: 1417 Cedar Street | Green Bay, WI 54302
- July 11, 10am-4pm ~ Demo/lecture, lunch, & workshop: Trunk show & lecture featuring techniques in hand and machine quilting,
quilts samples highlighting wholecloth and trapunto, & How Am I Supposed to Quilt That? workshop.
for more information and to regester.
- July 12, 10am-4pm ~ Demo/lecture, lunch, & workshop: Mastering the Art of McTavishing + Victorian Feathers.
for more information and to regester.
- July 25-26, 2014 ~ Hayward, Wisconsin
- Karen McTavish will be book signing at the annual Piecemakers Quilt Show at the Flat Creek Inn in Hayward, Wisconsin with
a special exhibit of all her quilts. She will be at the show signing her new book Mastering the Art of McTavishing Book 2
which will be available at the show! The annual Hayward Piecemakers quilt show will be held at Flat Creek
Inn and Suites / 10290 Wisconsin 27 / Hayward, WI 54843. Quilt show hours will be 10am - 4pm on Friday and 10am - 3pm on Saturday. For more info:
- August 4-9th, 2014 ~ Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Machine Quilting Today is putting on another great quilting convention!
I'm offering many classes for domestic and longarm machine quilters as well as drawing and designing classes
for all types of quilters. Register at www.mqtoday.com or email them at
manager@MQToday.com or call (262) 514-2089. The quilt show will be held at the Hotel Convention
Center at Olympia Resort & Conference Center: www.olympiaresort.com.
Reserve your room under "MQT" for a special rate. Classes offered: Mastering the Art of McTavishing Certification Class,
How Am I Suppose To Quilt That?, Victorian Feathers, Custom Heirloom Curves, How to Draw Original Quilting Designs,
and Design, Draw & Quilt!!!! Quilt show preview is August 6th from 3pm-6pm. Classes start on August 4th.
- September 24-27, 2014 ~ Springfield, Illinois
Karen McTavish will be teaching at MQX MidWest Quilt Festival!
Dates: September 24-27, 2014.
Location: Crowne Plaza Hotel / Springfield, Illinois.
Public Quilt Show & Vendor Mall
- Wednesday, September 24, 2014
$10 admission, good for all show days. To register for classes go to
- Thursday, September 25, 10 am to 7 pm
- Friday, September 26, 10 am to 6 pm
- Saturday, September 27, 10 am to 5 pm
- October 11-12, 2014 ~ Webster, Wisconsin
The Mixed Sampler Quilt Guild Presents:"Putting the Pieces Together" 27th Annual Quilt Show, featuring a Special Exhibit with Karen McTavish
+ Karen will be signing her books at her exhibit! Join us from 10am - 4pm. Admission is $5.00. Under 12 yrs: FREE! Address: Webster High School /
7564 W. Alder St. / Webster, Wi 54893. Show includes: Quilt Shop Vendors, Quilt Raffle, Quilt Silent Auction, Demonstrations, & Quilt Appraisals.
TEACHING AND LECTURE SCHEDULE FOR 2015
- January 22-25,2015 ~ Ontario, California
Karen McTavish will be teaching a wide variety of hands-on machine quilting classes at the Road to California! Quilt Show
at the Ontartio Convention Center. For registration and classes go to www.road2ca.com
- March 12-13, 2015 ~ Vista, California
- The El Camino Quilters welcome Karen McTavish to their Thursday, March 12 meeting. Karen will present her trunk show
and lecture featuring techniques in hand and machine quilting, plus quilt samples highlighting wholecloth and trapunto at the guild's
9:30 a.m. meeting at North Coast Church / 2405 N. Santa Fe Ave. / Vista, CA 92084. If you are not a member of the El Camino
Quilters Guild and would like to attend the lecture, the guest fee is $5 and is payable at the meeting.
- On Friday, March 13, Karen will teach her Wholecloth Design class. Class size is limited to 25 students with preference given
to ECQG members.
Place: Quilt in a Day classroom / 1955 Diamond Street / San Marcos, CA 92078
Time: 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
For more details contact ECQG at email@example.com.
- March 23, 2015 ~ Madison, Wisconsin
The Mad City Quilt Guild is hosting Karen McTavish to teach the class, "How Am I Supposed to Quilt That?". Class size is limited
to 25 students with preference given to MCQG members. Each participant must bring TWO UNQUILTED quilt tops to class.
Place: Attic Angel Place Community Room, 8301 Old Sauk Road, Middleton, WI 53562
Time: 1:00-4:00pm (Please meet at 12:45, to be in place by beginning of class at 1:00.)
Contact: Dee Van Driel at 608-467-6496, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check the guild's website: www.madcityquilters.org for the Karen McTavish Registration Form.
Following the class, on Monday, March 23, 2015, Karen will present a lecture at the guild's 7:00pm meeting, in the same location
(Attic Angel Place Community Room). If you are not a member of the Mad City Quilt Guild, and would like to attend the lecture,
the guest fee is $5, payable at the meeting.
- June 10-13, 2015 ~ Duluth, Minnesota
Karen McTavish will be teaching a wide variety of classes at the Minnesota State Quilt Show in June 2015 at the DECC
(Duluth Entertainment Civic Center) on the beautiful shores of Lake Superior. To registration and for more info & class descriptions
go to www.mnquilt.org.