TEACHING AND LECTURE SCHEDULE FOR 2015
- April 8-11, 2015 ~ Manchester, NH
Karen McTavish will be teaching at MQX East in Manchester, New Hampshire. This show will include hands-on machine quilting lessons on
longarm and domestic machine quilting! To get in on these classes - go to:
www.mqxshow.com/MQX/East/Classes. If you have questions, please contact
Mary at MQX@charter.net or call toll free 866-675-7247.
- April 24, 2015 ~ Hayward, WI
- The Wild Threads Machine Quilting Group is hosting Karen McTavish to teach her Wholecloth Design Class.
This is a class which results in a large wholecloth quilt,
which is entirely marked by the student and is ready for trapunto, hand-quilting, or machine quilting by the end of class. This one day class
is for anyone who would like to design an original wholecloth from scratch. Table space will be provided for each student. Instructor will also
have many wholecloth quilts in the trunk show as well as a small lecture on the history of wholecloth.
This class is open to members and non-members. This is a hands-on class and no machines are needed.
Date: Friday, April 24th 9-4pm.
Cost: $110, which includes lunch and space rental. BYO beverage such as pop or juice.
Location: Hayward Wesleyan Church / 10655 Nyman Ave. / Hayward, WI 54843
Contact: Norma Riehm at 715-634-2754 or email@example.com for more info or to sign up for class.
Space is limited! Reserve your spot today!
- 4-8 Mark-B-Gone Blue Pens or EZ International Pens(not fine line, only blue water-soluble pens)
- Fabric - white or off white, washed and pressed. No larger than 60 x 60. (Squaring up must be done before class.)
- Omnigrid rulers, long rulers of any size with ¼ inch markings.
- Clover Eraser Pens and Mark-B-Gone Pens can be purchased in class from instructor.
- June 10-13, 2015 ~ Duluth, Minnesota
Karen McTavish will be teaching a wide variety of classes at the Minnesota State Quilt Show in June 2015 at the DECC
(Duluth Entertainment Civic Center) on the beautiful shores of Lake Superior. To registration and for more info & class descriptions
go to www.mnquilt.org.
- October 16-17, 2015 ~ La Crosse, Wisconsin
- La Crosse Area Quilt Guild welcomes award-winning quilter Karen McTavish as part of the Quiltfest on the Mississippi 2015.
Karen has many books on her wonderful style of quilting. Her lecture and trunk show will make you laugh out loud.
She includes stories about her quilting history, the development of her quilting techniques, including "McTavishing,"
and her perspectives on competition quilting.
For more info:
- October 16 2015, 7:00 pm, Lecture/Trunk Show sponsored by Olive Juice Quilts, at the Day’s Inn. Entrance Fee $10 per person.
- October 17, 2015, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, Workshop: How am I supposed to quilt that? at Onalaska United Methodist Church.
Workshop fee is $100 per person. Students are asked to bring 2 un-quilted quilt tops to discuss.
A white board will be provided in the classroom by the La Crosse Area Quilt Guild.
- October 17 2015, 1:00 pm, Lecture/Trunk Show at Onalaska United Methodist Church. Entrance Fee $20 per person.
Reservation and advance payment are required.
Registration will open May 4. Check the La Crosse Area Quilt Guild’s website,
www.lacrossequiltguild.com for the Karen McTavish registration form.
Contact: Elli Molstad at 608-526-2170, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TEACHING AND LECTURE SCHEDULE FOR 2016
- March 12, 2016 ~ Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- An Afternoon with Karen McTavish hosted by Upper Midwest Machine Quilters.
Please join us and spend an afternoon with Karen McTavish. Karen is an award winning quilter, the author of five quilting books
(including Mastering the Art of McTavishing and The Secrets of Elemental Quilting: Innovative Quilting Designs plus Trapunto
Tips and Tricks), and the creator of a unique style of quilting known as McTavishing. Let Karen delight you with an informal "laugh out loud"
lecture of the techniques she is known for including: wholecloth, trapunto, and McTavishing. Gain inspiration from her trunk show of award
winning quilts and take advantage of this unique opportunity to look at her work up close and personal. Book signing and question/answer period
to follow lecture.
Date: March 12, 2016
Time: 1:00 - 2:00 pm
Cost: $15 per ticket for members; $20 per ticket for non-members. Reservation and advance payment required.
Contact: To register for the event, send an email to Nancy Wick at email@example.com.
Mail your payment (payable to UMMQ) to Laura Wertwijn / 2023 Linn Dr. / Owatonna, MN 55060.
Place: Eden Prairie MN. Exact location TBA.
For more information regarding UMMQ, please visit www.ummquilter.org.