TEACHING AND LECTURE SCHEDULE FOR 2014
- May 15-17, 2014 ~ Louisville, Kentucky
- Quilted Joy and APQS are proud to announce that Karen McTavish will be coming to the showroom to teach a series of classes,
both hands on and lecture. We welcome Karen to Louisville. Please take a look at the many classes she will be teaching. This is a spectacular
opportunity to take a class from a spectacular teacher! The classes will be held at the APQS Showroom / 10302 Bluegrass Parkway / Louisville,
Ky 40299. Call Angela to register and for more information: 502-718-7148. Also, find more details about the classes on our site:
Here is a listing of the classes:
Call Angela to register now: 502-718-7148.
- May 15, 9:30am- 12:30pm: Mastering the art of McTavishing. Hands-on Longarm Class.
- May 15, 1:30pm- 4:30pm: Machine Quilting Victorian Feathers. Hands-on Longarm Class.
- May 16, 9:30am- 12:30pm: Custom Heirloom Machine Quilting. Hands-on Longarm Class.
- May 16, 1:30pm- 4:30pm: How am I supposed to quilt that? Lecture + Q&A. Bring your quilt tops.
- May 16, 6:30pm- 7:30pm: Trunk Show and Techniques Lecture.
- May 17, 9:30am- 12:30pm: Machine Quilting Victorian Feathers for Domestic Sewing Machines.
- May 17, 1:30pm- 4:30pm: Mastering the art of McTavishing for Domestic Machines.
- July 25-26, 2014 ~ Hayward, Wisconsin
- Karen McTavish will be book signing at the annual Piecemakers Quilt Show at the Flat Creek Inn in Hayward, Wisconsin with
a special exhibit of all her quilts. She will be at the show signing her new book Mastering the Art of McTavishing Book 2
which will be available at the show! The annual Hayward Piecemakers quilt show will be held at Flat Creek
Inn and Suites / 10290 Wisconsin 27 / Hayward, WI 54843. Quilt show hours will be 10am - 7pm on Friday and 10am - 3pm on Saturday. For more info:
- August 4-9th, 2014 ~ Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Machine Quilting Today is putting on another great quilting convention!
I'm offering many classes for domestic and longarm machine quilters as well as drawing and designing classes
for all types of quilters. Register at www.mqtoday.com or email them at
manager@MQToday.com or call (262) 514-2089. The quilt show will be held at the Hotel Convention
Center at Olympia Resort & Conference Center: www.olympiaresort.com.
Reserve your room under "MQT" for a special rate. Classes offered: Mastering the Art of McTavishing Certification Class,
How Am I Suppose To Quilt That?, Victorian Feathers, Custom Heirloom Curves, How to Draw Original Quilting Designs,
and Design, Draw & Quilt!!!! Quilt show preview is August 6th from 3pm-6pm. Classes start on August 4th.
- September 24-27, 2014 ~ Springfield, Illinois
Karen McTavish will be teaching at MQX MidWest Quilt Festival!
Dates: September 24-27, 2014.
Location: Crowne Plaza Hotel / Springfield, Illinois.
Public Quilt Show & Vendor Mall
- Wednesday, September 24, 2014
$10 admission, good for all show days. To register for classes go to
- Thursday, September 25, 10 am to 7 pm
- Friday, September 26, 10 am to 6 pm
- Saturday, September 27, 10 am to 5 pm
TEACHING AND LECTURE SCHEDULE FOR 2015
- March 23, 2015 ~ Madison, Wisconsin
- The Mad City Quilt Guild is hosting Karen McTavish to teach the class, "How Am I Supposed to Quilt That?". Class size is limited
to 25 students with preference given to MCQG members. Each participant must bring TWO UNQUILTED quilt tops to class.
Place: Attic Angel Place Community Room, 8301 Old Sauk Road, Middleton, WI 53562
Time: 1:00-4:00pm (Please meet at 12:45, to be in place by beginning of class at 1:00.)
Contact: Dee Van Driel at 608-467-6496, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check the guild's website: www.madcityquilters.org for the Karen McTavish Registration Form.
Following the class, on Monday, March 23, 2015, Karen will present a lecture at the guild's 7:00pm meeting, in the same location
(Attic Angel Place Community Room). If you are not a member of the Mad City Quilt Guild, and would like to attend the lecture,
the guest fee is $5, payable at the meeting.